Skip to main content

newspaper clippings

 Subject
Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus

Found in 5 Collections and/or Records:

Campus Buildings and Facilities

 Record Group
Identifier: RG-09
Abstract The collection was largely compiled by former staff in the Archives and includes documents, reports and photographs related to the various campuses and buildings the Law School inhabited since its inception in 1921. The majority of the print collection focuses on the move from 1800 Asylum to the former Hartford Seminary location on Elizabeth Street. Extensive renovation of the buildings was undertaken to make the buildings work for a law school with a full service library. An extensive...
Dates: 1961-2017
Found in: uconnlaw

Law School Clinics and Academic Programs

 Collection
Identifier: RG-06
Abstract The University of Connecticut School of Law, a pioneer in experiential legal education, allows students to choose from a broad and diverse range of options to engage in the real-world practice of law, to put their classroom learning into practice, and to develop their legal knowledge, skills and professional identities. These choices include 11 supervised in-house and partnership clinics and six field placement programs, all of which satisfy UConn Law's practice-based learning requirement....
Dates: 1971-2020
Found in: uconnlaw

Joseph C. Steffan Papers

 Collection
Identifier: MS-004
Abstract

Six weeks before he was set to graduate from the United States Naval Academy, Joseph Steffan resigned. Thus started a seven-year legal battle over this dismissal which was related to his sexual orientation. In 1993, a three-judge panel ruled in favor of Steffan and order him reinstated. In 1994, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia upheld the dismissal. The collection documents the lawsuit and outcomes as well as the personal and professional impacts on Mr. Steffan.

Dates: 1896-1994; Majority of material found within 1983-1994
Found in: uconnlaw

Hartford College of Law

 Record Group
Identifier: RG-01
Abstract The School of Law began as the Hartford College of Law, founded in 1921 and chartered in 1925. Official approval by the American Bar Association and accredited rating by the Connecticut Bar Examining Committee were granted effective September 18, 1933. In 1937, the School of Law was admitted to membership in the Association of American Law Schools. The School of Law became a part of the University of Connecticut on June I, 1943. The Hartford College of Law was one of many schools...
Dates: Majority of material found in 1942; 1921-2000
Found in: uconnlaw

The Shirley R. Bysiewicz Papers

 Collection
Identifier: RG-05-10-01
Abstract

The Shirley R.Bysiewicz Papers reflect her time at the University of Connecticut School of Law from 1956 to 1989. Bysiewicz was the first woman tenured professor at the School of Law. From 1956-1983 she served as Director of the Law Library. Concurrently she was a professor of law and taught courses in Women and the Law, Juvenile Law, Elder Law, Legal Research and Writing, Judicial Clerkship Clinic, and Legislation.

Dates: 1960-1997
Found in: uconnlaw